State Funding Expected For Carlsbad Street Work

The Carlsbad City Council has approved an application for more than 200-thousand dollars in funding for rehab work on a series of street projects. One is for Church Street and Mermod Street, while the other is for work on streets from Pierce to Church Street. As part of the funding program, the state picks up 75 percent of the cost, while the city is only responsible for the remaining 25 percent.