HazMat Incident At Fairlife Milk Plant Near Dexter

A hazmat incident in Chaves County Wednesday, at the Fairlife milk plant northwest of Dexter. Emergency crews responded before sunrise and found a 55 gallon drum with a liquid material inside it, venting out vapor from the top. According to a statement from Roswell Fire, one person had been directly exposed to the material and was immediately taken through decontamination procedures. That person is doing fine today. The material truned out to be what’s called Stomp Sanitizer, consisting of hydrogen peroxide and peroxyacedic acid, which is very corrosive. It’s used for cleaning the inside of the facility’s machines. The container was allowed to vent completely empty and no other injuries were reported.